- The Source: Food & Wine June 2012
- The Cook: Just me…all alone…
- The Menu: Turkey Fried Rice with Potato Chips *only adaptation was adding blanched green beans and asparagus, some spicy mustard greens and a bit of Thai basil. I just can’t help but add in extra vegetables, especially when my dinner involves copious amounts of carbs with the addition of potato chips!
- The Background: It was 85 degrees outside, I was exhausted from work and my long hot bike ride home, and I was so hungry I contemplated just eating the chips for dinner.
- How it began:
Trying out magazine recipes so you don’t have to….
The Source: Bon Appetit Sept. 2011
- The Cooks: Oliver Lucky and Domesticity
- The Menu: Swedish Meatballs on Egg Noodles *only adaptation was using turkey in place of the pork because I have a terrible habit of trying to make things healthier
- The Background: 89 degree weather and Season 2 of The Killing
The Verdict: Absolutely positively worth it! The balls were tender, the gravy was divine and the spices gave it oomph. It was lovely. And I’m sure it would have been even lovelier if we had made this when it was actually cold outside to maximize its “comfort food” quality.